Please note: Only available to customers in the continental United States. The sale price includes shipping and all sales are final.
The first thing you notice about OUYA is that, unlike everything else stacked under your TV, it’s not a massive box that just sits there collecting dust.
Rather, the Yves Behar-designed OUYA is a small and elegant piece of hardware that deserves to be on display.
Born out of the philosophy that you don’t need to have a big budget to create or play an entertaining video game, OUYA isn’t meant to compete head-to-head with the PS3 or Xbox 360 (or their newer siblings).
Rather, they believe that everyone should have the tools and a platform to create and play games – which is why there are over 660 of them (including content from publishers such as Square Enix and NAMCO Bandai) to download and play on OUYA today with more coming all the time (and it’s only six months after launch!).
WHY WE LOVE IT
We’ve been watching the guys at OUYA since their Kickstarter days, and are so stoked to finally get to promote their revolutionary little system.
Don’t let OUYA’s small size fool you, though – it was built using technology similar to what powers our smartphones and tablets, (with a bit of tweaking to the quad-core 1.7ghz processor) and is driven by Google’s open-source Android 4.1 Jellybean operating system.
Beautiful and powerful hardware aside, OUYA’s open-source platform and network of over 31,000 game developers ensures that you will literally never run out of new games to play, what else could you want from a video game system?
- Every Game Is Free To Try – Over 660 titles at your fingertips, only buy the ones you love.
- Full Living Room Entertainment System – More than games, OUYA powers entertainment and music streaming apps like VEVO, iheartradio, TuneIn, XBMC, Plex, + Twitch.tv, with new games and media apps arriving every day.
- Play YOUR Way – Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled so you can connect your favorite controllers, devices, etc.
“I think @playouya had the console of the future this year. Little interest in #PS4 or #Xbox” – Daniel Alexander (via Twitter)
“@playouya I love you.” – Frederik (via Twitter)
“Great to see @playouya going against the status quo by highlighting female gamers. It’s not a male hobby and it’s important to highlight that.” – Saracen26 (via Twitter)
“I’m so glad I have an Ouya, I think it’s such a great console and with 500 games all free to try, it’s DEFINITELY worth it. :)” – 8bitmusicchicken (via Twitter)
IN THE BOX
- OUYA game console with 8GB storage, 1080p HDMI 1.4, USB, 802.11b/g/n, and Ethernet
- One (1) OUYA game controller with AA batteries included
- $25 Digital Coupon for purchasing games (you’ll receive this in your user account after your purchase is confirmed)
- Access to a fast-moving, open-source gaming community
- Kick-ass piece of hardware for all your gaming, media, and emulation needs
- You’ll need a TV with an HDMI input
- No refunds, all sales are final.
- Only available to customers in the Continental US, sale price includes shipping.
- Please allow one to two (1-2) weeks for shipping.
- Promotion includes one (1) console, one (1) controller, and a $25 game credit.
- Limit three (3) per customer.
- Console includes software and firmware upgrades.
- Upon purchase please follow redemption instructions located in your account to redeem your $25 game credit.